Saturday, February 11, 2012

Dear HHC,

I would like a little advice and prayer.

Earlier this week I received an email from an old foul weather friend...  She only speaks to me or writes when she wants something.

She needed letters of recommendation to apply for a job with a economic development commission where she lives now.

I had my qualms on this...See over a year and a half ago I thought I saw her duplicating receipts and getting reimbursed for the same items from two different community entities she was in charge of in our area.
Sadly I had the feeling she was also charging back for reimbursement for the same items to four other committees and organizations she worked with.
I gave it up as me thinking I was seeing the worst going on.

So I came back to the present

Later that same day while at one of the committee meetings she use to run I heard she had asked many others to send letters of recommendation too.  All of them saying they ignored it.
One of that same committee states "I was going through receipts this former member had turned in for reimbursement and we never received any of the items we paid for. It added up to just over $500.00 in goods. 

I have been doing some checking with the different entities and it now shows that she was repeatedly reimbursed for the same items from all the committees she was on.

If it is the way it looks and if she did this to all the committees it is over $3,500.00 in fraud.
Not much by some standards but enough that people should know she can not be trusted.

We are a very small rural community and just sending this letter to one person everyone would know who sent it and how it is about.
There is no anonymous reports to the Sheriffs department.
This would absolutely ruin the local committees that she was part of.
They wanted it all to fail from the beginning.

So here I go keeping my mouth shut and letting the Lord deal with it.

Sincerely RURAL Dude turned DUD.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

HHC's most Popular Posts