Monday, February 14, 2011

Tall tales and how they still happen today.

This story was told to me by friends today.

Supposedly it was a coworker of a friend of my friend who this happened to.  (that is always the first clue)

The woman gets a call at the office from her son. He tells her “Mom, I just want you to know that it’s OK and everything is fine. I caught a troll and I have him captive. I’m ok and he is starting to calm down. I am feeding him skittles and he seems to like them.”

The woman doesn’t think much of this because her son, being special needs, gets lost in his fantasy worlds and plays elaborate games. She tells him to be careful with that troll and to be good.

About a half hour later, the kid calls back again and again reassures his mother that the troll is calm, everything is under control, he’s secluded in his closet, and he is eating skittles. “Don’t worry about me, mom, I have everything under control.”

The woman thinks this is odd that her son is dragging out this particular “Game” for so long, but he was reasonable, calm, and insisting that everything was fine. She resumes working, but is now expecting that he may call back again shortly with another troll update.

Sure enough, less than 30 minutes later, her son calls back to reassure his mother that the troll is being really good and quiet and he’s still feeding him skittles. She asks him where the troll is, and he explains that the troll is in his closet. He is insistent that everything is fine and that the troll has really calmed down and is still eating skittles. After they speak, the woman goes back into the doctor’s office and asks if she can run home to quickly check on her son. He say’s “sure” and she heads home.

Upon arriving home, she finds her son in his bedroom, laying on his stomach, flicking skittles under his closet door. The closet is blocked by his dresser.

“Shhhh! He’s in THERE,” he says…

“Sweetie, before we check on the troll, tell me exactly what happened.”

“The doorbell rang, and I checked out the side window first and saw that it was a troll. So I got my blanket and as soon as I opened the door, I threw my blanket on him and carried him up to my room. He really fought it, but I got him in the closet and calmed him down with skittles.”

This woman’s son is over 6 feet tall. He’s an adult with the mind of a child.

She tells him that they need to move the dresser to check on the troll. “Are you sure, mom? I REALLY had to work hard to get him in there!”

She convinces him that they need to check on the troll, and at least let him get some air and light.

He reluctantly agrees.

With his help, she slides the dresser aside and cautiously opens the closet door…

And there he was… sitting on the floor in the closet beside a clipboard and a neat little pile of skittles…

… was a dwarf… who works for the Census… who knocked on a door, was captured in a blanket and hauled kicking and screaming up the stairs, forced into a closet, and had skittles flicked at him for 2 hours by a 6 foot tall, 230 lb retarded man.

He could hear the conversations between the man and his mother and knew it was only a matter of time before she would be home to set him free.

After what I am sure was a frantic apology and well-being checkup, the dwarf expressed no hard feelings and implied that he would not be pressing charges.


I was getting ready to write it up when I remembered never post anything with out checking it out first.

So I did.

This has been around almost as long as the Internet

Just type retarded man traps midget in closet or retarded man traps troll in closet into Google and see what comes up.

It was still good for a laugh.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

HHC's most Popular Posts