Sunday, March 13, 2011

CHALET Restaurant & Alpine Room

 CHALET Restaurant & Alpine Room


206 E. Main St, Chewelah WA  99109  509-935-8484
Temp Hours 9:am to 9:00pm


My hubby and I went for a drive to Chewelah to look at a mini van we were thinking about purchasing.


We arrived to early and decided to look around town and since we had skipped breakfast grab a bite to eat.


We parked right in front of the Chalet Restaurant and went in the front doors.
We were promptly greeted with a smile and quickly seated.


We chose a table right by the door and next to the front window.  


We quickly had water and menus.


The place seemed clean and well lit.  

We  ordered and asked some questions about local buildings and attractions that were answered politely and with a smile.

I did get a bit frustrated that the waitress seemed to be more interested in my husband then her job.  I also noticed that the other waitresses had to come over and interrupt our meal when no interruption was required.  It did not seem good service it seemed to be flirting.


As we waited we went and used the bathrooms and both of us came back to the table commenting that they were out of soap.  
This of course made me hope that the employees had another bathroom with soap in it.


While waiting we saw many people come in and given the same treatment and quickly seated.


My husband had bacon eggs and hash browns,  I ordered crepes with strawberry and Bavarian cream.


Everything was delicious and the price for everything was less the 17 dollars.  We left a 5 dollar tip.


We made it home and continued on with our day.
About 4pm I started getting sick with wave after wave of nausea two hours after that I was stuck in the bathroom.


I am not saying that they made me sick after all this is flu season.


But I will say I am vary wary of ever going back their again especially after reading the linked reviews.


HHC  from the porcelain  thrown.

Their home page.

Other reviews.

More reviews.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

HHC's most Popular Posts