Monday, March 14, 2011

Life with dyslexia



I bought a new lamp today!  It was a bargan at 20 bucks!

My son offers to put it together.

I said sure and he dove right into it.
He was struggling but doing it with out reading directions...

You may think TYPICAL man.  
No he just does not read well.  He has dyslexia and it is sever.  

His dad tells him to try to read the directions and he sits down on the couch trying for more then 5 minutes to read all the papers.
That in its self is amazing because he can never sit still and has ADHD.

I look at him and see he is almost in tears.... but being almost 13 he is not going to cry.   TYPICAL MAN
He then finds one with pictures and jumps up and goes back to work.
 
He finishes it and hands me all the papers.    He said "Mom what size bulb do I put in these I can not find anything on that?"
I was busy at the moment and said I would look in a few minutes and I then thanked him for building the lamp.  He smiled and wandered off

A few minutes later I remember to look at the papers and am dumb struck that I can not find anything about what size bulb it takes either because the directions are in four different lanugages and none of them are ENGLISH!  

HOW THE HECK DID HE DO THAT?

I asked him then how the directions worked for him. 

He stated "Mom you know me it all looks like scribbles moving around the page."

I asked did any of them help?   He said "The one with the picture. I got some of the words and got the idea."


WOW he is allot better off then I thought he just reads other languages......  I am SO stupid I always thought he was  thinking in English.


I am now on line looking for reading books in his country or planets language....

Thank you Lord for my special boy.

Blessings
HHC

0 comments:

Post a Comment

HHC's most Popular Posts