Tuesday, December 24, 2019

A friend posted this a year ago.

A woman asked me yesterday why we don’t celebrate Christmas.
Seems there is someone almost every year.
I looked at her a bit astonished and asked what gave her the idea we don’t.
No tree, no decoration, no visible signs.
I looked out on the street where the alcoves are full of decorations. Christmas displays a few of us work hard on all year round to keep bright and jolly. Then a group puts them up after thanksgiving and takes them down in January.
All brightly lite up, new paint, glitter etc.
Then I looked at the business and building we just bought.
Christmas lights sparkling up the front of it.
Then I thought of my son wearing my dads old Christmas sweater still looking almost new.
My husband wearing his jolly leather elf hat.
My daughter wearing a elf hat and ears as she works.
How hard every day we celebrate Christmas and again every day we try to find the joy of our lives and beliefs. We raised the kids to celebrate Christ’s birth every day.
Sure we have days we fail to shine and days we are poor examples of Christs love.
Then I thought, feeling guilty I don’t even know who this woman is.  I have spoken to her twice in passing and both times she was complaining and being critical of what I was doing. I don’t think she ever even told me her name.
I sighed long.
I stated Merry Christmas, and then limped away.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

HHC's most Popular Posts