Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Update Shopko Spokane closed its doors.

My friend Mary wrote to me today.

Updating me on a humorous complaint she had shared with us years ago.

I know over he years I have complained about the shopko in Spokane putting out phone number on their add.
Well since last Christmas they closed their doors and the building sits empty.
So this year no entertainment with the wrong number calls.

I must say I miss it.

Here is my post from last year.
Merry Christmas.



Mary Cates

12/24/18
Facebook,
And so it begins.
Shopko in North Spokane has almost the same phone number as we do.
From Black Friday till after New Years my phone will ring ten or more times a day from people dialing the wrong number.

It's even worse when they put an add or flyer out with OUR phone number on it instead of theirs.

Then the worst part is the employees who call in sick on Mondays or on Fridays to see if their check is ready.

Usually I am very good and say they have the wrong number.
Once I answered the phone after the same guy had called three times with Hello, the Bunny Ranch. Hopping whores for PETA. He called a fourth and fifth time. I got worse from there.

A while back I kept a guy who called four times on hold while I hummed the hold music.  He complained about the cruddy music said he didn't like Mr Rogers as a kid.  Won't you be my neighbor.  I promptly went into yellow submarine and then the theam from the muppet show.  
When I was getting horse I came back an told him we were out of the item he was looking for and suggested he try shopko and gave him the correct number.
He laughed like a loon when he realized he had called the wrong number again.

Once I told an employee who had called the wrong number more then 3 times, his check and $1,000.00 Christmas bonus was ready.  I also told him he was receiving a promotion after  the holidays.  He was very excited and asked who he needed to talk to.
Who knew there was a manager named Mary who worked there?

One year a manager from the store actually called us right before Christmas.  He had heard people were getting the wrong information from someone on the phone so he started calling the numbers on the adds.
He found me.
We had a good laugh.  He said he was going to start warning the employees to dial the right number.
I told him I only harass the ones that call over and over to the wrong number.  So they need to make sure my phone number never goes into an add again.

They requested twice over the many years that we change our number.  I said no both times with "where would I get my winter time entertainment?"

Last summer during Easter when our number was in one of their adds I repeated a special thing I did years ago when the same thing happened.  I started asking people if they know Jesus or needed any prayer for them or family members.
I was amazed with the answers.  It was truly awesome.

So mischievous me or the angel in me I try to have fun with it.

Looking for some new suggestions on how to answer the phone.
New bits, ideas etc.



https://www.facebook.com/Shopko-1581994965429257/?ref=ts&fref=ts

0 comments:

Post a Comment

HHC's most Popular Posts