Wednesday, December 22, 2010

The Atheist Brothers

This post is a prayer in progress by a guest host.



When I was little my younger brother was my spiritual leader.



It was as if he knew Jesus from sitting on HIS lap, playing and talking to HIM.  I remember often walking in on him talking and no one was there.  I asked him who he was talking to and he said "Jesus.  He always listens."  Isn't that just how our time with the Lord should be?!



I was jealous that my brother could have such a relationship like that and I could not.

I remember one Christmas when my brother was again shorted presents because his birthday is two days after Christmas.    People would buy a gift and give it to him in two parts.  Can you imagine getting half of the race track and no cars on Christmas and have to wait till your birthday to get the rest.
He did OFTEN.

Some times people would hand him a present on Christmas and say this is your birthday present too.

My brother told me when he was about 5 that it was going to be okay all this because someday in heaven Jesus would give him all the gifts he should of received and more because he counts the tears we shed and the ones we don't.  He also said that Jesus made a way to sacrifice himself for us so we could be with him and GOD and that was the best present of all.

Forward 36 years.
I am diagnosed with cancer and am calling each of my brothers asking them to pray for me and help me arrange that we can all get together.  I really thought it was going to be the last time we were all together.  I pressed the issue and we did come together in the summer of 08.
My brother (the one I spoke of above) when I asked him to pray for me said "NO.  I will think good thoughts and have positive energy but I do not believe in God."  I was struck DUMB.
After my voice came back I said "Okay I will take what I can get."

Strangely my Aunt who is 18 months older then me actually told me "Stop believing in those fucking fairy tales and grow up!" when I asked her to pray for me.
She also cussed me out because I had prayed and decided to have a double mastectomy instead of a lumpectomy.  She told me I was a fool and that I should listen to her.
(It is a good thing I did not listen to her because both breasts were full of DCIS and it was not yet detectable except in the one spot they had biopsied.  THANK YOU JESUS)

My youngest brother also a declaring atheist said "I did not know how to pray and am not a believer."but he loved me enough to say "How do I pray sis, I will do it for you, and he did.  We were very close and he was only slightly more dear to me then the other two brothers only because I was present at his delivery.

Needless to say we had a wonderful visit that could of only been made better if my three brothers were all believers.



April 2010.  My youngest brother dies from a self inflicted gun shot wound. Leaving behind a 2 year old daughter and a 22 year old wife.  OH YEAH and the rest of us. (I was right about it being the last time we were all together.  I just thought it was going to be me who went home.)

He was not a believer when he died but I think more it was that he had questions that were not being answered by anyone.  I know the Lord is in the keeping business and I have hope to see my brother again.

I thank Ken Hovind and his Creation Science Evangelism for answering my questions and helping me find the Lord with out reservation or question.

www.drdino.com

Now we come to the last few weeks.
My oldest brother is asking me questions about what is the best bible to get his wife.
She reads with bifocals and is catholic so I ask if he needs a special version or denomination.
He says no, just no thees and thous.

I think...hum is this for him?

I make a few suggestions and then I get this email



Whats the difference between the new king james version and the new international version



I reply

Greed and copyright laws.

The most important thing for anyone reading he bible is to read daily, slowly and comprehend it.

I would stop here but there are some important differences that you are asking about.

If you want accuracy the king james version is the most accurate.

example if I say thee to you in a room full of people I am talking to you right now
if I say you to you in a room full of people am I talking to you, to you all or to another person in the room.
I have given and owned the KJV life application Bible and it is the best and easiest to understand I have ever owned. ((THE PICTURED LINK IS TO THIS VERSION))

But if you want to get away from the thees, thous and thines
the New King James Version and the New International Version are good.
The NKJV where the person who owns the copyright did not agree with the KJV used the NIV to write from.

The NIV is based on the Alexandra scrolls and is a good translation of a bible full of misspellings, translation errors etc. (it is like it was someone practicing translating and rewriting the bible)

In both these version the second coming of Christ is left out and in the NIV there are over 100 scriptures omitted and change of meanings.

Because of copyright laws there has to be a certain % difference for them to call it a certain version of the bible.

I can go into more detail if you want.

If you do not want the thees, thous and thines go with the one a linked to.
If you want accuracy I used this one and gave it away to a friend who was having the same trouble with the thees thines and thous


http://www.christianbook.com/kjv-life-application-study-bible-hardcover/9780842316361/pd/16361?item_code=WW&netp_id=158606&event=ESRCN&view=details


I liked it so much I am saving for a new one now with thumb tabs and large print.

We also have an older version of this to listen to and it helps us to read along and understand but it is KJV


http://www.christianbook.com/kjv-bible-on-mp3-cds-plus/9781598563597/pd/563597?item_code=WW&netp_id=765646&event=ESRCN&view=details


If you still do not want the thees thous and thines go with the one I suggested on December 6th.

I have read and reread this trying to simplify it and make it more clear.
I hope I did not confuse you more.
Let me know if you need more help.


Christianbook.com (CBD): KJV Life Application Study Bible, Hardcover. 1990 Gold Medallion Award winner! The Life Application Study Bible is today's #1 selling study Bible because it helps people see how the Scriptures are relevant to today's issues. This edition of the Life Application Study Bible

So now I am on my knees allot.  Hoping and praying that no matter who this bible was for that he will pick it up and read it.

Then today he has been sending greetings and posts on facebook that say CHRISTmas and Peace be with you. God Bless you always etc.



While looking at them I imagine...........................

Getting a call from him on Christmas him chatting away and then suddenly saying  "Sis I have something to tell you.  I accepted the Lord and am reading the bible."

I can only imagine what I would do... probably take a deep breath, fall to my knees and cry out to the LORD thank you again for blessing me and answering my prayers.

I am in tears writing this.

I am wondering if it is a prophetic vision.

If it is you all will be some of the first to know.

I do not think I am a profit but if the Lord used me I pray I would be open to it.

I hope you get many more Christmas Blessings.

Please Share my posts with your friends.  Please pray my brothers come to the Lord.

GOD BLESS


UPDATE 12 25 10
Nothing new to report on the matter.  Please keep praying.

1 2 11
Please pray for my brother he is going to interview after interview with no real results.
The last job had four interviews and no promise of a job yet.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

HHC's most Popular Posts