Saturday, December 25, 2010

The Last Christmas

Did you ever stop and think that you might of spent the day with someone who is having their LAST CHRISTMAS?

This time last year I was on the phone to my mothers home talking to my brothers, niece and nephew and sister-in-laws.
If I had had the site to see that it was my youngest brothers last Christmas on earth I probably would of taken the time and money and went to see them all.  The Christmas's I did get to spend with him... maybe 14 out of 27 were some of the fondest memories I have and one more would of been icing on the cake.

Many years ago I was to go to my brothers for Christmas and spend it with him and our Grandfather who was not long for the world.  The snow storms were bad that year and my husband could not go with us and did not want me driving it alone with our daughter and son. 
Grandpa did hang on through Christmas but had a stroke that night and died two days later at my brothers home on my brothers birthday.

Christmas of 86 I spent with my family at my Grandfathers house.  He did not live there at the time and was going through a divorce from my step grandmother.   He was still invited over for the day but showed up for a few minutes picked a fight and left.  I spent allot of time avoiding him after that because I did not want the drama in my life.  REGRETS
Sadly 7 months later he was beat to death in his apartment on his birthday.

So I ask you to please take the time to make a few calls before you bed down and make sure and make the day of someone far away who is missing you.  It could be their last Christmas or it could be yours.

Wishing you a blessed nights rest.
HHC



On another note.

Some of my most enjoyable Christmas' were when my husband took the kids and went to his parents for a week.
I got to cry, sleep, read and watch what I wanted when I wanted.  If I did not feel like cooking or eating I did not have to.  If I wanted to sleep I could or if I wanted to watch TV all night I could too.
Sadly I also drank allot while they were gone.  One week to fifths of Crown Royal.
It always started out the same dreading them leaving crying till they were safe at his parents dreading what I would do if something happened and I could not get to them.  Then a few days of peace and the crying and dreading while they traveled back home.

I do not like to spend all the time in the kitchen cooking and slaving over food that will be scarfed down in a few minutes and no left overs eaten afterwards.  I hate the waste of it all.  So for many years now I have bought quick easy food or made pizza from scratch. 
I also hate the stress of trying to find the presents, trying to come up with the money for them or pay off the credit cards afterwords.  SO I REFUSE TO DO ANY OF IT ANY MORE!
We either make it or go without.   What is the big deal anyway.  It is not like I could ever get any of them what they wanted.  Either it was to expensive or I could not find it.

I think the Lord would rather we spend time on him then on all we do at Christmas.  After all its his birth we are celebrating and we should be thinking what would he want us to do.
Love on each other.  Ponder HIS sacrifice for us and not have the down side of Christmas we will have starting now and go on till the bills are paid off and the house is clean again.

Am I wrong?
Let me know how?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

HHC's most Popular Posts