Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Repentance do you really understand the meaning of the word? a personal revalation from a private journal.


My friend Mary gave me permission to peruse her journal while she and the Lord were battling cancer in her body.  
Little did I know it would be an amazing blessing.  

So I am here rewriting and condensing the revelation in study of the Lords word that came to her back in 2008 as she was preparing to leave to visit her family for what she thought was the last time.

Little did Mary know at the time thinking it was she that would be going home to the Lord that it was going to be the loss of one of her younger brothers in 2010 and that the visit she was preparing to leave on was the last time they would all be together on this earth.


If I have success with this post Mary says it will be a sign from the Lord that she is to start letting me share her walk from her journals.  So please if you are inspired or disgusted we want to know.



June 3, 2008
What do you think you have to repent from?


Do you repent of your sins rehashing and recalling to mind all that you need to ask forgiveness for causing you to lose sleep, stumble through the day and lose your train of thought.

I do.

I spent many nervous, frustrated years thinking, wondering where I would go if I died.

I finally found out that the word repent is in the Bible 112 times, and NOT one time does it say to repent of sin!

WOW and I thought I was confused and frustrated before!

You are probably asking what does it say to repent of?

Well I am here to tell you now that it says to repent from Dead Works. Hebrews 6.

I have been trying to please God with my confessions.  NO WONDER I was scared.  Confession of sin is just dead works!

We have to sop trying to be good enough for God,,,,and that is dead works witch keep us LOST!  Just as Cain offered a bunch of fruits and veggies, we are offering our works!

Check out this AWESOME video Are You Ready for Jesus to Come Back

What do you repent toward?

In Acts 20 is says repentance toward God and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ!

We must repent from dead works and toward God!

We do not have to deal with our sins.  Jesus already took care of them.

We just have to quit offering our good fruit, like Cain did and (it is so simple) just accept God's blood sacrifice!  JESUS CHRIST!

Feel humbled yet?

I DID!

So plane and simple a plane that we were told of it when we first heard about Jesus.
It was right there in front of us to grab and we could not see it because nothing in this day and age is that simple.


I was never saved so I never lost it!  I only knew religious teachings and hoped it was enough.  IT WAS NOT.


I was bursting with JOY!

My repentance was classic dead works!  Just as  Cain did I was bringing my veggies and fruit to try to appease God, but God had already provided Jesus' very own blood to cleanse me, disgusting sinner that I be.

Now I really do understand why Jesus is called the Lamb of God!
I know for sure!   I know!


I had kept thinking I had to be so really sorry for my sins.  I had to think back and confess and confess ever time they were called to mind with such great sorrow I could not get out of the funk of sin.
I had broken every commandment by the time I was 18 years old.  I was the lowest sinner and thought  my real sorrow was proper repentance.  But I now know it was dead works.

I know this is what plagues much of our RELIGIOUS CHRISTEN SOCIETY.  How can I the newbie Christian walking with the Lord tell them all how wrong they have had it with out making them feel bad.

I again have to be Debor, Judge from the old testament and help call the erring nation back to the right hand of God.
  Debora lesson that Mary shares often. It is a good one.
We are not just sick as a country but we are sick as Christians and need to head the call.

Thank you Lord for the revelation before going to see my family.  Please pave the way for me to speak on this and on how our family history proves that you have hand your hand on our lives for generations before we were born.  Please Lord let them be open to hearing your words from me.


That is basically what she wrote.  There are some personal struggles with her dealing with a child that worries she will not see him grow up but I need to save that for another post and hope Mary will allow me to share it.
Blessings to us all
HHC

0 comments:

Post a Comment

HHC's most Popular Posts