Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Extinction for America

DanandCarrie Tarabek Posted
 
Then there's increasing emphasis on work and career. Americans are waiting longer to get married, and the inevitable by-product of postponing marriage is decreased fertility.Now, to a generation raised on population-control dogma, this sounds like good news. But, as many countries are realizing, the "birth dearth" is the stuff of economic stagnation and a loss of cultural vitality.Of course, there are exceptions to this trend: There is a strong relationship between fertility and religious commitment. Whereas two-thirds of Americans who don't attend church think two or fewer children is the ideal family size, 41 percent of those who do attend church weekly think that three or more is ideal..... I don't think that they are so much making a statement as they are bearing witness to what they believe about God's intentions for the family—what the Bible says. They're simply living out a Christian worldview.On the other hand, the population-control worldview is not only morally problematic, ...
 Voluntary Extinction: America's One-Child Policy? Chuck Colson BreakPoint

I was a bit depressed last night.
I lost my youngest brother in April from a self inflicted gun shot wound. 
Police say accidental.
Coroner says suicide. 
Mom says he was murdered.
All I know is that his 2 year old daughter is deprived of growing up with her daddy holding her hand.

We were very close.  I was present at his delivery and was the first person to touch him.  My mother even consulted me on his name because my step father was out of town hunting.
My brother over the years thought he was actually my birth child and asked me at least 4 times.
In 2008 I organized the family so that we all were together at Mom's before I underwent a double mastectomy and battled for my life against breast cancer.  I had been told after thoughtful prayer that it was the last time we would all be together.  I just assumed I was not going to win my battle or worse we were going to lose mom.  I even told my brothers we do not know what the future holds and we need to see each other again.   They all agreed to make time while we were there to hang out and love on each other.  It was probably the BEST days we ever had together.
When I arrived my brother came out and hugged me and said "Well get in there and meet your granddaughter!"  I had to laugh.  Mom was standing right there and I looked at my kids both young teens and said "Is there something you two need to tell me?"  We all just laughed!

A few moments into my reminiscing I realized it is 23 anniversary of my fathers death tomorrow.

I then had the wonderful realization that out of 10 kids only 5 of us made it through our 20s. 6 of us through our teens.
2 siblings in a car accident
1 to a long term vegetative state
1 to alcoholism
1 to gun shot

And this was all in AMERICA.  I know this happens everywhere but if our country is going to be strong and survive we need to have more children making it into adulthood.
We need to all be having children and raising them to become GODLY adults.

Please rethink your choices  and look at your decision in the light of what those kids contributed 100 years into our future.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

HHC's most Popular Posts