Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Picking up Yeshua along the Interstate

While on a trip driving through Washington and Oregon.
We were going south on 97 in Washington when we came across a car load of Hispanic men who were all wearing colors that indicated they were gang members.Their car was not running and had stalled in traffic.
My brother that I was travailing with quickly pulled the car off to the side, jumped out and went over to help move their vehicle off the road.  He worked with them on their car for a while to get it running again.
When done he shook hands with all of them.  I turned back to getting a drink and some gum out of my purse and realized that my brother was not back yet.
I looked back at the group near the disabled car and they all had their heads bowed in prayer!  I watched intently and then saw them exchange hugs and my brother came back to the car.
I was moved and amazed.

Later that day we stopped to help an elderly couple at the side of the road.  They took of in a hurry when we pulled over and my brother jumped out.

Aww well on we went too.

We stopped at Biggs Junction and gassed up the car and sadly ourselves.
As we were leaving Biggs my brother wanted to stop and see if some scruffy and dirty hikers heavily packed with backpacks and a big dog needed a ride with us in a small Subaru wagon.
I protested there was not room and so my brother continued on.
As we neared the Dalles we started talking about the hikers we did not pickup.  My brother reminded me that we should help people more because we are to be the hands and feet of Jesus and you never know,  we might just be picking up Jesus or and Angel. 
He was right and I knew it.
Just over the nest hill was a hitch hiker.  We pulled over and picked him up.
As he got in the car I said, "Are you going to behave and not scare the daylights out of me?"
He said, "Yes Mame."
I said, "Good.  I am Mary."   He smiled as we all shook hands and then introduced himself.
"I am Yeshua."  He stated and looked straight at me.
I looked at my brother and smiled.
I said, "Yeshua?  Where does that name come from?"
He informed me, "It is another name for Jesus Christ."
I knew that but I wanted to see if he did.
I asked him, "Are you a believer?"
He stated, "Yes in my own way.  I do not hold with organized religion.  I am not religious I do know that Jesus died for all our sins."
The rest of the ride was drawing him out and telling us his father was not around and he was helping his mother and step father build a house.  He was learning to be a carpenter and is only 16 years old.   He did not think much of schooling and what they were teaching so he had already earned his G E D.
Some of the parallels to his life and the life of Christ were interesting to hear. 
I am having trouble sharing that part of the story thinking it may of just been for us to see we were entertaining angels un aware.
I think I have been blessed.
I will try to continue this story at a future date.

HHC

0 comments:

Post a Comment

HHC's most Popular Posts